The international English language testing system (IELTS) is the world’s most popular English language proficiency test which measures language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as a language of communication. Over 2.9 million tests taken in the year 2016. It uses a nine-band scale to clearly identify levels of proficiency.
IELTS assesses all of your English skills — reading, writing, listening and speaking, and is designed to reflect how you will use English at study, at work, and at play, in your new life abroad.
It has an excellent international reputation, and is accepted by over 9,000 organizations worldwide, including schools, universities, employers, immigration authorities and professional bodies.
Why IELTS at AWARD?
- Well experienced and qualified Instructors.
- Well equipped class room with friendly environment
- Get the latest free materials for practice and score the highest
- Get exclusive test tips and practice with new techniques
- Small class size and flexible timing for busy students
- Weekly MOCK test
- Free Student visa counseling for IELTS students
IELTS TEST registration service : Award helps its students to register for the nearest test dates and provide full Information about test schedule and centers.
The IELTS Classes & Test Timing
- The IELTS is a 6 WEEKS course and classes are conducted ONE HOUR a day ,Sunday through Friday. New class starts every week- Monday.
- The exact test time for each section is as follows:
- Listening: 30 minutes (plus 10 minutes' transfer time)
- Reading: 60 minutes
- Writing: 60 minutes
- Speaking: 11–14 minutes The Speaking part of the IELTS test is a one-to-one assessment with a real person, not with a computer. You will thus have conversations with an examiner who can effectively evaluate your language skills, without being distracted by other candidates or technical problems.
The test total time is: 2 hours and 55 minutes.
Some more details on IELTS :
IELTS is jointly owned and managed by the British Council, Cambridge English Language Assessment and IDP Education Australia. IELTS testing materials are written by international teams of writers from different English-speaking countries, so the content reflects real-life situations.
There are two types of the IELTS test:
IE LTS Academic
- IELTS Academic is intended for people who want to attend study programmes at universities and other institutions of higher education which are taught in English. You will need an Academic test band score to enrol for an undergraduate or graduate degree where the teaching is in English. Therefore, if you intend to join professional associations in disciplines such as medicine, nursing, law or engineering, you may need to pass the IELTS Academic exam.
IELTS General Training:
- IELTS General Trainingis a good choice if you want to migrate to an English-speaking country and work there, or if you plan to attend a secondary school. An IELTS score is often required by the government authorities of English-speaking countries, including the United States, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. These countries accept the General Training certificate as evidence of language competences on the part of immigration.